There’s now another Indian Connection to South Africa (apart from Namaste South Africa 😉 ) – Taj, Cape Town. On March 20, 2010, Taj Hotels Resorts and Palaces announced the opening of Taj, Cape Town. Yes, the famous ‘Taj hospitality’ can now be enjoyed by Capetonians and visitors to South Africa!
Lets look at some interesting facts about this new hotel:
* On the very day of its opening, all its 177 rooms have been booked. That says something about the credibility of the “Taj” brand.
* The five star hotel has been built at a cost of R500-million with contributions from Taj, Tata Africa and Eurocape.
* The hotel is located near the city centre and has been built around two historic buildings. It took 2 years of construction and renovation of the historic buildings to build the hotel.
* The hotel offers 11 different types of rooms – all unique in their own way. There are Heritage rooms in the newly restored buildings and Tower rooms that provide an exquisite view of the Table Mountain. There is even a Presidential Suite which has 2 bedrooms, a massage and steam room, a fully equipped kitchen, office, gym and a top floor deck!
* As part of its introductory offer, The Taj, Cape Town is offering a special R 3500 (USD 474) room for two people including breakfast.
Here’s a video about the hotel.
I would love to stay in the Taj, Cape Town. 🙂 What about you?