On March 6th, 2010, India’s newest and costliest luxury train: the Maharajas’ Express embarked on its first ever run.
As luxury travel becomes more varied, exotic and satisfying than ever – let’s have a look at Rovos Rail – the most luxurious train in the world!
Here’s a video on Rovos rail:
Did you notice the suites inside the train?
Here are some more interesting facts about Rovos Rail:
* It has the most spacious suites in the world.
* One of the carriages of Rovos Rail was constructed in 1911 and then shipped to South Africa from Europe!
* Rovos Rail is called “Rovos” rail after its founder ROhan VOS who started it in 1989.
* All the engines acquired for Rovos Rail have been named after the Vos children – Brenda, Bianca, Tiffany and Shaun.
* Rovos Rail won the World Travel Award for being the “World’s Leading Luxury Train.” in 2008. It has won it 4 times and been nominated 6 times.
Interesting, isn’t it. 🙂
What if you actually wanted to travel by Rovos rail AND explore South Africa? Well, you can definitely have a look at our Rovos Rail packages here.
One package that I love is an 8 Nights/ 9 Days package where you traverse from Pretoria to Durban and back and stop at every attraction on the way. Go for a game drive in Kruger national Park, one of the world’s best Wildlife Parks, watch the Big 5, shop in modern Durban, take a South African Battlefield’s tour, and let go at Sun City – Africa’s Kingdom of pleasure. And do this as you travel from one place to another by Rovos Rail. I haven’t taken this tour yet, but you know what, I would love to, some day soon….
Here’s a picture of Rovos Rail, by the way:
Until next time, ‘bye’ from Namaste South Africa. 🙂